Friday, December 7, 2007
1. Where where you 3 hours ago? same place I am now, which means my shift is almost over!!
2. Who are you in love with? My husband and my kiddos
3. Have you ever eaten a crayon? Probably
4. Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you? too many to mention
5. When was the last time you went to the mall? about 2 weeks ago for Christmas shopping/date
6. Are you wearing socks right now? yes, hubby's ;-P
7. Do you have a car worth over $2000? Yes and 2 that are not
8. When was the last time you drove out of town? see above RE: the mall
9. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days? no, last movie was Saturday after T-giving
10. What was the last thing you had to drink? apple juice from a juice box
11. What are you wearing right now? shoes, socks, jeans, and a very old, paint splattered TVCC T-shirt, and headphones
12. Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it? carwash or kids
13. Last food you ate? tuna fish sandwich and a lemon square
14. Where were you last week this time? same bat time, same bat station
15. Have you purchased any clothing items in the last week? yes, uniform stuff for Banana
16. When is the last time you flossed? i'm not sure i ever have
17. What is the last TV program you watched? first 2/3rds of Private Practice, first 10 minutes of Survivor, and last 3 minutes of Grey's Anatomy. need to finish all 3
18. What is your favorite animal? Koalas
19. What sign are you? Cancer
20. What is your favorite dream vacation? NYC for now
21. Last person's home you were in? I think it was probably VDWs.
22. Worst injury you ever had? Broken nose
23. Do you miss anyone right now? My siblings/parents
24. Last play you saw? Christmas Carol - last night and again tomorrow night :-D "Haley" and "Caroler/Want" ROCK!!!
25. What is you secret weapon to lure the opposite sex? i clean something
26. What are your plans for this evening? Work, sleep, see #17
27. Next trip you are going to take? NYC in February
28. Ever go to camp? Girls camp 2 or 3 times (when I couldn't get out of it)
29. Were you an honor roll student? Don't remember. Actually not sure we even had a "honor roll" my grades were decent.
30. What do you want to know about the future? way too much for my own good
31. Are you wearing any perfume or cologne? No
32. Are you due sometime soon for a doctors visit? Not really. Sam's only 6 months so I think I'm good for at least another 8 months.
33. Where is your mother? Home, hanging with my brother, I'm guessin'
34. Do you have a tan? not even in the summer
35. What are you listening to right now? late night talk show - the one where the guy has the funny accent - I *should* be listening to the voices in my head
36. Do you collect anything? i don't like collecting or collection; however, i do have a porcelain doll collection
37. Who is the biggest liar you know? ME.
38. Last time you got stopped by cop or pulled over? about 2-3 weeks ago - stinking light out on DPY's car, no ticket
39. What is the weird exotic food that you like? calamari
41. Last time you took a shower? this afternoon
42. Sesame Street Character you most identify with? Ernie. No specific reason.
44. What is your heritage? i should know this - it's something scandinavian
45. Are you rich? In LOVE lolololololollllllll.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Instead, I jacked it from Madhousewife. And she called it a meme. Snazzy, eh?
On a separate sheet of paper, write out your full name. Then, extract all the vowels and write them in order here to get your aloha name.
A Ee Ou (wow, I am very lacking in vowels)
How old are you?
In fifteen words or fewer, describe yourself as a child.
Smarty-pants. Bossy. Stubborn. Brilliant. Oblivious.
In fifteen words or fewer, describe yourself today.
Bossy. Stubborn. Tired. Brilliant ;-).
What did you eat for breakfast?
Faux Honey-nut Cheerios.
What kind of clothing (or lack thereof) do you sleep in?
Think back: in reverse order, what color have you worn for the past five days, including today?
Green, burgundy, tan?, red, absolutely no clue. going with the dominant shirt color only, in case you were wondering.
If the Talent Fairy flew into the room, what skill or talent would you request from her?
Favorite flavor of milkshake?
Favorite kind of pie?
Pumpkin followed very closely by Banana Cream (no nuts).
Favorite kind of donut?
It's a tie between old-fashioned glazed cake doughnuts and maple bars and bavarian cream filled.
I don't drink cocktails. But if I did, it would be something girly like a mudslide or an amaretto sour. If I did, which I don't. Even when I want to.
What is your favorite TV show?
Finish this sentence: All I want for Christmas is ___________.
What I'm getting :-). Yes, I know what I'm getting and how much it was and where it is now and where it was purchased.
Look out the nearest window. What do you see?
What's the last thing you purchased?
Ice cream cones x 4.
What would you rather be doing right now?
What is the last non-communication (email, blog) website you visited?
Does Facebook count? If not, I say the website for NSMC.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Sit them out. Usually on the couch.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Mostly white on the house, but colored on the windows. I think white on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put up your decorations? I like to do it the day after Thanksgiving – but it’s still not done yet this year.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Pumpkin pie lol.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: matching hair dryers. Or the year we were in a car accident on Christmas day – I was 9 or so and I don’t remember the accident, but I did get a Cabbage Patch doll from the hospital.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, pajamas.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? No particular style, pretty much every ornament is special to us though – I guess it’s like a memory tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it.
12. Can you ice skate? Sure, I can skate in circles.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I guess probably matching hair dryers for me and my 2 sisters. It’s not a particularly special gift, but it is SO MY DAD that it always makes me smile.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and friends
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Fudge.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Driving around looking at lights. Last year we took the kids to a light park and that was SO AWESOME because of their reaction to it.
17. What tops your tree? David. In about 2nd or 3rd grade, he made an angel with his school picture and that is what tops our tree. We stole it from his mom.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving to the kids, receiving from the hubby (though I already know what I’m getting from him this year.)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Chestnuts Roasting
20. Candy Canes? Yes, Hershey’s usually.
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? It can be. I had to remind Emily today about the real reason. Then I had her watch a cartoon we have and she decided that was cooler than Santa. She said the baby Jesus was even cuter than Sam :-O
Monday, November 26, 2007
Who said "I love you" first? Hmmm, I think he did.
Who weighs more? He does.
Who sings better? Him times infinity.
Who’s older? Me
Who’s smarter? Books, me - common sense, him
Whose temper is worse? probably mine
Who does the laundry? hahahahahahahaha.
Who does the dishes? see above.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me, though that is a switch that happened just in the last few months - before that it was always him.
Who plays golf better? We both suck.
Who’s better with the computer? Him. Except google, etc./research. Then it's all me baby.
Who pays the bills? Him
Who cooks dinner? Mostly me, unless we are grilling.
Who drives when you are together? Usually him, unless I'm already driving when he gets in or he's tired
Who pays when you go out to dinner? He does most of the time. He also usually orders for me (you know, tells them what I want, not picks what I want).
Who is the most stubborn? Me.
Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong? neither of us.
Whose parents do you see more? His
Who named your pet? We don't have one - the last one was named by Haley
Who kissed who first? We kissed each other first.
Who asked who out? He asked me.
Who’s more sensitive? Him.
Who’s taller? Him.
Who has more friends? Him. He knows EVERYONE.
Who has more siblings? Me.
Who wears the pants in the relationship? We share them. It's cozy, but it works :-).
Monday, November 19, 2007
- I keep blogging stuff in my head, but due to the brain sucking which has rendered my memory virtually useless, that stuff will probably never be blogged as intended. Which stinks, because most of it was brilliant.
- Took J to the doctor today. No, actually, I took S to the doctor and mentioned J's rash. The NP thinks it looks like staph. Perfect!! So the child most likely to touch himself, not wash his hands, and put those hands, oh EVERYWHERE, has staph. Fab-U-lous.
- S is doing fine mostly, except that he has "fallen off the growth charts." He's a runt, but we love him anyway. Note: J, who is now in the 97th percentile in weight AND height, was also a runt when he was a baby. No worries on the runtiness of S. It's just the way we grow boys apparently.
- My hair. I don't want to talk about it. Let's just say it is not fixed yet.
- I've been crafty lately - sewing, gluing, more sewing. More to be done. Mostly enjoying, we'll see how long that lasts :-P.
- No school this week. Yeehaw??
- As usual, I should be working right now. So not in the mood tonight. Anyone happen to notice how often that happens when I have an ESL doctor up?
- Actually, none of this is stuff I meant to blog, it's really the way too busy.
Friday, October 26, 2007
2. A big poofy dress or a short party dress?
Please say we're talking about Halloween.
3. What would you do if you received a long love letter?
4. Group dates or single dates?
Mostly single dates.
5. Do you hate it when guys act different around their friends?
6. Are diamonds a girl’s best friend?
Eh, they're okay.
7. Is your hair up or down today?
Down, I can't find my scrunchie - actually, I'm pretty sure it's upstairs on my bed, but as you can plainly see, I'm working right now and can't go upstairs to get it.
8. Do you straighten your hair?
It straightens itself, every day.
9. Favorite mascara?
10. Do you get your nails done?
Only twice ever - once fake and once just mani.
11. Small or large purses?
Prefer small, but carry large.
12. In your purse, what are your must haves?
Phone, keys, wallet, diapers, pullups, MP3 player, book.
13. Jeans or sweats?
14. Do you wear clothes/shoes/jewelry that’s uncomfortable?
15. Do you text message a lot?
16. What would you do if you got pregnant?
Um, write a nasty letter to the surgeon?
17. What’s your favorite color?
18. Heels or flats?
I like heels (pumps), but wear flats for safety in child carrying. I'll go back to heels when Sam is older - for dressy occasions - not with my jeans ;-).
19. Did you ever cry during a romantic movie?
Somewhere in Time was the first movie that ever made me cry. I was 12 and at a Beehive slumber party.
20. Would you ever leave the house without make-up on?
The real question is when will I ever leave the house with make-up on again?
21. Walmart or Target?
Always prefer Target, but Wal-Mart is in town.
22. Do you wear collared shirts?
Not lately, I have a bunch, but they are too small lately.
23. Do you like preppy boys?
I HEART preppy boys.
24. Do you think lip gloss is the best!?
I don't use it, unless Carmex counts.
25. Do you own any big sunglasses?
26. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
6 days out of 7, about 10 minutes.
27. Do you like to wear band-aids?
28. Do you like skater boys?
No, never have.
29. Do you often wish there was something you could change?
30. Gold or silver?
Gold, I'm allergic to silver (though wouldn't wear it anyway)
31. Do you like to receive flowers?
32. Do you like surfer boys?
33. Do you dress up for the holidays?
In pajamas ;-)
34. Do you like to wear dresses?
35. On a scale of 1-10 how much do guys confuse you?
36. In the last 48 hours have you hung out with a guy?
3 of them
37. Would you date a guy shorter than you?
No. I'm a height snob and I'm only 5'3", so that would be a REALLY short guy.
38. Do you like to hold hands?
39. What is the youngest you would date?
40. What is the oldest you would date?
31, until December, then 32
41. What do you notice when you first meet a guy?
BUTT, clothes, hair, eyes, smile - superficial, but if I'm looking, it's just for sport anyway lol.
42. Is it hott when guys sweat?
it depends on what he's been doing. -- Amen, sistah -- ditto.
43. What is the best feature in a guy?
44. Do you like making eye contact?
46. Would you kill for chocolate?
47. Did you ever spend all day/night getting pretty for a guy?
48. On a scale from 1-10 how fun is shopping?
too many variables, please elaborate.
49. Do you freak out if you miss your favorite show?
Nope, I can watch it online.
50. Do you yell a lot?
Too much - house too big doesn't help.
51. Do you wear sweatpants/pajamas to school/work?
52. Have you ever dressed unlike yourself to impress a guy?
53. Do you write a lot of mushy love poems?
I don't really like poetry, even if I don't have to write it.
54. What makeup could you not live w/ out?
Does moisturizer count?
55. Do you fall in love easily?
56. Do you have cramps?
Not for a long time.
57. Do you think you have the bestest friends ever?
Monday, October 22, 2007
The words (for posterity since I'm pretty sure you won't find them anywhere else):
Naches Trail, Naches Trail
Best school in the west.
Raise your green and golden colors,
for we are the B-E-S-T.
Naches Trail, Naches Trail,
Up with Blazer pride.
(humming, humming, it might come back to me, dang it)
for Naches Trail.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Who did you last get angry with? Hannah
What is your weapon of choice? Words
Would you hit a member of the opposite sex? Lovingly.
How about the same sex? Ditto.
Who was the last person who got really angry at you? Joshua
What is your pet peeve? Tonight? TATTLING!!!!
Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily? Let it go.
What is one thing you're suppose to do daily that you haven't? Laundry
What is the latest you've ever woken up? probably 11 or noon, but in the last 9 years or so - 8:00 am would be a late awakening
Name a person you've been meaning to contact, but haven't? Logan
What is the last lame excuse that you made? I don't have time.
Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through? Yes.
How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock this morning? None.
What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice? I don't, but if I did, it would be some form of Mocha Latte.
Are you a meat eater? Yes
What is the greatest amount of alcohol you've had in one sitting/outing/event? Probably 3-4
Are you comfortable with your drinking and eating habits? drinking yes, eating getting better (I LOST 5 POUNDS THIS WEEK!!)
Do you enjoy candy and sweets? Sweets more than candy. Not a huge fan of candy.
Which do you prefer: sweets, salty foods or spicy foods? Spicy
Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought, "lunch"? Creepy.
How many credit cards do you own? with just my name? just one. I think 7 that I'm ultimately co-responsible for.
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? Tithing, bank, house, bank, clothing, bank, brand freaking new Town and Country with the revolving seats and the kidtainment system.
Would you rather be rich or famous? Rich.
Would you accept a boring job if it meant that you would make megabucks? Probably.
What's one thing that you have done that you're most proud of? 5 little monkeys (and also that I can spell post-baccalaureate)
What's one thing you have done that your parents are most proud of? Mm, I dunno, why don't you ask them?
What thing would you like to accomplish late in your life? an post-baccalaureate degree
Do you get annoyed by coming in second place? not really.
Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors? playing board games lolol
Have you ever cheated to get a better score? perhaps
What did you do today that you're proud of? I made a fantastic pizza for dinner.
How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies, family, strippers, locker rooms)? 2
How many people have seen you naked (not counting physicians, doctors, family, locker rooms, or when you were a young child)? 2
Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a person of your chosen sex during a normal conversation? hmm, not staring.
What is your favorite body part of a person of your gender choice? butt
Have you ever had sexual encounters (including kissing/making out) with multiple persons? not at the same time, no.
Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute? No.
What item of your friends would you most want to have for your own? house (or skinnierness)
Who would you want to go on "Trading Spaces" with? Jen (assuming you mean the people we are swapping with, not the person helping me)0
If you could be anyone who existed in the world, who would you be? I'd still be me.
Have you ever been cheated on? Yes.
Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own? duh.
What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself? high metabolism
What deadly sin...
Do you do the most often? Sloth
Do you do the least often? Lust
Is your favorite to act on? Sloth
Monday, October 1, 2007
I have a station based on Somebody by Depeche Mode and tonight they played the live version followed by This Years Love by David Gray. I will go to bed happy. If only I could burn a CD from Pandora.
My other stations: Chasing Cars, Dead Milkmen, Addicted, Harry Connick Jr., The Lady in Red, They Might Be Giants, Kenny G (for Muzak-esqeness), Silent Lucidity, Rent, Jason Mraz, and Depeche Mode (which plays much different music than the Somebody station).
BRILLIANT!!! And perfect for me since I never know what or who for the songs I like in passing/listening to real radio. For instance, I had no idea that Ben Folds has done a cover of Tiny Dancer. It is lovely too. Also, it tells me why I like certain music AND it's right. Every time I check out the "why" behind the song choice, I say yep, that's right, but I never would have thought of that. I can't even imagine how long it took/takes to analyze so much music.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Speaking of harmonies, we're supposed to sing tomorrow in church. Not sure how that is going to work - my already puny voice is half gone from a stupid cold.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Since my boobs still want to feed a growing boy, he ate a ton already this morning, which it sounds like he just passed through to his diaper in great quantities.
While working last night, I accidentally ate a whole pint of B&J's Half Baked ice cream - which was not as good as I had hoped it would be when I read the description. It should have been a fabulous blend of my two favorite ice creams in the world, but it just didn't work. And yet, it's gone anyway.
This morning for breakfast, I had raisin bran (penance for eating the ice cream), which I ate with a fork because I forgot to run the dishwasher last night and I HATE hand washing silverware because I don't think it gets clean enough and/or rinsed enough, no matter how hard I try, unless it goes through the dishwasher. I can do it if I know that I was the last one to use it, but most of the silverware was in the dishwasher already and the stuff on the table from breakfast was used by children.
Sam has decided he's done and now does not want to sit in his own yuckiness - what?? crazy talk. Since I'm actually supposed to be typing an ER note, I suppose I shall change him and get back to it.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Oscar Town & Country (wha? lame-o)
2.MY GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie):
Brownie Batter Snickerdoodle
3. MY “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name):
4.MY DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal):
5. MY SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born):
Ellen Mt. Vernon
6. MY STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first):
You-da (oh yeah, I'm Yoda's long-lost twin sister)
7. MY SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink):
The Pink Diet Coke
8. MY NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers):
9. MY WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ):
10. MY TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter):
I'm pretty sure it would be Kaelin Kirkland
11. MY SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower):
12. MY CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”):
13. MY HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree):
Raisin "Bran" Maple
14. MY YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”):
The Reading Rainbow Tour
Play the recording for the class. Have them focus
(Teacher's Edition - The Music Collection - elementary music curriculum)
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What can you touch?
Nothing. I can ALMOST touch the door to the family room.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Kim Possible, currently watching.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
almost 6 pm (it's 5:36)
5. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Kim Possible, Sam-Sam breathing/snoring, various kid noises.
6. When did you last step outside?
About 2 hours ago.
7. What were you doing?
Coming back from picking up the monkeys from school/visiting David at work.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
9. Did you dream last night?
I think so, more crazy dreams.
10. When did you last laugh?
While we were visiting David at the theatre. Josh and Emily were playing catch with the new Spidey doll and Emmy accidentally chucked it in the trash.
11. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Umberto Boccioni print, original Dana Lynch painting, Disney Princess clock (no one admits to knowing how it got there), caricature of David from Six Flags.
12. Seen anything weird lately?
Yep. I'm not going to tell you what though. Nyah.
13. What do you think of this Meme?
14. What is the last film you saw?
I saw part of Jamie Kennedy's new movie last night but didn't finish it. Can't remember the last one I finished. Transformers?
15. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
Pay off debt, pay off lots o' peoples' mortgages, update cars, etc., buy the big van with the DVD player for traveling and probably also an RV, get this house ready to sell and buy a new one in town with a nice yard (but not more than an acre), oh and FINALLY GO TO NYC so that David will stop taunting me and build a theatre for David :-). Oh and invest like crazy so that I can keep spending bwahahaha. And QUIT MY JOB.
16. Tell me something about you that I don’t know?
My throat hurts. That's something lame, but it's bugging me so it's all I could think of. Also related, I had strep 7 times one winter in junior high.
17. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you do?
Sweets would have the same calories as vegetables. I like veggies, but who wants to live without sweets?
18. Comment to President Bush.
19. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Maybe, but only if I was a multi-millionaire so that I could still visit family fairly often. And I don't want to live somewhere that requires a second language.
20. What do you want to say to God when you get to heaven?
Not sure, but I sure hope he really does have a sense of humor.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Friday, July 6, 2007
David took Hannah and Haley with him to Rotary lunch today. They have an afternoon rehearsal for Peter Pan today so they will go straight to that and then actually be home tonight. The little guys are watching Little Einsteins and Sam is here with me, eating of course. One of the perks of nursing - I have to sit down to do it, so I get more blogging and/or reading done.
I had an "interview" with Medquist this morning. I scheduled it for 9:00 am. At precisely 8:00 am when my phone rang, I realized that it was 9:00 am EASTERN. D'oh. I had actually been able to go back to sleep this morning after Sam woke up and woke up around 7:58 am, fortunately lucid enough to answer questions. I did NOT have my resume in my hand as recommended and as I would have if it were 9:00, but he only asked questions about MT jobs and my last job so I actually remembered the relevant information. I didn't want to venture out of my bedroom and be spotted by the kids and disturb the peaceful and quiet background. Sam started to stir once but went back to sleep with his binky. It was one of those form interviews and covered almost precisely what I'd entered in my online "screening" application. At the end of the interview, he informed me that the next step was an online application that would be similar to the screening application. WHAT? Are we looking for 3 witnesses? Quite different than the last time I applied with MQ when I pasted my resume to their website, completed the testing, and then got an "interview" that was really a job offer and scheduling call. And I'm a REHIRE for Pete's sake. I should have jotted down the number they gave me to call if I decided to come back. Wonder if I could have circumvented some of this fooey?