Monday, October 1, 2007

I wax poetic about Pandora

I heart, heart, heart Pandora.

I have a station based on Somebody by Depeche Mode and tonight they played the live version followed by This Years Love by David Gray. I will go to bed happy. If only I could burn a CD from Pandora.

My other stations: Chasing Cars, Dead Milkmen, Addicted, Harry Connick Jr., The Lady in Red, They Might Be Giants, Kenny G (for Muzak-esqeness), Silent Lucidity, Rent, Jason Mraz, and Depeche Mode (which plays much different music than the Somebody station).

BRILLIANT!!! And perfect for me since I never know what or who for the songs I like in passing/listening to real radio. For instance, I had no idea that Ben Folds has done a cover of Tiny Dancer. It is lovely too. Also, it tells me why I like certain music AND it's right. Every time I check out the "why" behind the song choice, I say yep, that's right, but I never would have thought of that. I can't even imagine how long it took/takes to analyze so much music.

No comments: