Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oops, again.

See that post down there. Yep, that was post #100. Oh well.

Happy, happy, joy, joy. My mom is coming to visit on Saturday. Coming to rescue me and hang out and cheer me up. I've been just a little overwhelmed (yes, that means a lot overwhelmed) lately with kids and house and school and work and Primary. Hub offered to hire someone to help with the house and I freaked out a bit. I'm not a big fan of someone I don't know coming in to my house to clean. Though that'd be better than someone I do know like VT's or someone I'd have to see all the time knowing my deep dark messy house secret. It freaks me right out and I'd have to do that pre-clean thing and then what's the point?? So the thought of this made me say, "I want my mommy." Out loud even. Generally, I'm okay with living a bazillion miles from Mom. It sucks, but it is what is - except when I'm overwhelmed (or really, really sick) and then I want my mommy. Usually, I just have to suck it up and deal with it cuz she does live about a bazillion miles away, but this time the stars aligned and hub called her and between the two of them, they made it happen. She even got a great deal on the flight down here on a last-minute SW airlines getaway type deal. She only booked the one-way and we'll book the trip home after she gets here and we decide when she's going home. I think we might wait to make that decision until after Sam's appointment on Thursday (next, not tomorrow).

2 comments:

stewbert said...

Sometimes, you just need your mom. Period.

And sometimes, you need someone to help clean your house. I hate people knowing how messy we can be, too. But ... sometimes you need help and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Hugs.

Natalie said...

I would so love it if my hubby offered to hire someone to help out with the house. But I would feel like a failure & be embarassed & not tell anyone that I didn't do it all on my own too. At least those are the thoughts that went through my head every single time I broke down & cried to him that I think we need to hire someone because I'm tired of having an anxiety attack every time someone shows up unannounced. There's so much pressure on us as women!