Monday, October 13, 2008

Count Your Many Blessings

So, the weekend started out kinda crappy. I was a bit bummed because I was missing all my old friends for various reasons - one of which was that I had to dye my own hair Friday night. I miss having someone to call and say, "Hey, let's dye my hair tonight." Anyway, I was kind of sad off and on all weekend, but yesterday when we finally got to church, it was time for the intermediate hymn and guess what it was - duh, Count Your Many Blessings. I was kind of glad we were late because I was just bawling my eyes out, but we were in the Young Family Chapel, aka, listening over the speaker system in the Primary room. So, I counted them and I'm counting them here today:

* My sister is coming to visit next weekend. She's moving to Florida, which is sad for a lot of people, but she's passing by here on the way and might actually be closer if she's in Florida.
* We had a great time on Saturday at the Chandler Pow Wow. They asked David to judge the talent contest and the drama boosters had a food booth, but best of all, the Lions asked David to be in the dunking booth. I bought 20 balls and let the kids take their shots. The machine was a little stubborn, so the guys running the booth helped. I have video :-D
* There was a Scentsy booth at the Pow Wow. I now have a bar of White Tea and Cactus, which I will put in my burner as soon as my old Sweet Pea and Vanilla melts enough to dump. They also had the new plug-in variety, but I save my cash for other stuff (food at the fair) and will get one later. I was so excited to see those, because I NEED some smell good in my bathrooms.
* Burger King has Mac and Cheese now. One stop shopping - at least in Tyler. We can do Sonic with their grilled cheese, but it gets old. Now we just need a BK back in Athens. Applebee's also works, but eh, Applebee's.
* Only 5 more Sundays until Sam gets to go to Nursery. Oh how much easier my Sundays will be in 5 weeks.
* New Couch!! David's parents gave us their couch because they are moving. But they are moving onto our lot, so they can come visit it ;-) I actually kind of hate the couch - but it's got 2 recliners built in and that makes David very happy, giddy even, so I compromised. Oooh, I should bargain that against his wanting to get a dog - "hey, I gave in on the couch..."
* Getting rid of 3/5ths of the old couch. I loved that couch (sectional) in theory, but in reality this particular one SUCKED. It's going to go live at the theatre at BHS.
* Under the old couch, I found the extension hose for my vacuum!! Cobwebs beware.
* The girls made the bus again! They all had perfect attendance for last 6 weeks, which I don't think has ever happened. They always get E conduct, but last year Hannah got Saturday school for tardies, which was embarassing and sad.
* INSIDEOUT A CAPPELLA put their stuff on Napster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were on iTunes before, but I have a subscription to Napster. My internet is currently running slow because I'm downloading 5 albums of delicious a cappella music.
* Thanksgiving is around the corner. We're going to Rick and Kristina's, which I think will be a lot of fun.
* Speaking of Thanksgiving, I still have the stuff to make Pumpkin Cheesecake. I should do that today.
* The video posted below, which just makes me giggle every darn time I watch it.
* Coming full circle - I really dig my new hair color. It's dark, somewhere between Hannah's color and David's color. David calls it emo, especially when I straightened it yesterday, but he's a dork like that.

I think that's it - well, you know, besides the obvious delightful kids and awesome husband. They are the ones I actually counted on Sunday, these are all the ones I was thinking of this morning.

No comments: